Tuesday, December 29, 2009

San Francisco Dogs


San Francisco is such a great town for dogs, and while we've been here we've been walking on the beach near Crissy Field, where many people bring their dogs to play. It has been great to once again have such a powerful connection with the pure and very contagious joy which dogs can radiate, and it is wonderful to see these dogs be able to just cut loose, run as fast as they can and play with their friends.

I know there is also always potential danger when dogs are off-leash, but in my experience at this particular place, the owners appear to be very watchful, respectful and responsible with their dogs. Above are two adorable little dogs who were chasing each other. It is hard to get a sense of scale but they are both quite small. The dog on the right is a miniature husky, which I had never seen, and a miniature doberman.


Working with the animals in the shelter in New York is an ongoing incredible journey and these brave and spirited animals teach me so much. But there can be such intensity and sometimes stress, as so many of these animals have arrived from dire conditions and we want to do our best to help them as much as we can. I greatly miss being at the shelter while out in SF but I think it is good to have a chance for a break from the intensity, step back and clear my mind for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment