Friday, January 1, 2010

Giving Thanks as a New Year Begins


As we start a new year, I would like to give thanks to all the special beings in my life who teach me so much each and every day.

At the top of the list, my guy Jeffrey, for whom I am so truly grateful. I am so thankful we were able to find each other twenty years ago, it is amazing on how many levels we connect with each other. It has been and continues to be such a lovely journey together.

A big thanks to my family and friends who are so kind and understanding.

I'd love to thank all the animals who are and continue to be my teachers, especially my cat Garbanzo, pictured above. He has been such a wonderful teacher -- he is the animal who got me started with TTouch and he has taught me so much about how to be patient and understanding especially with those animals who have gotten a rough start in life. The animals in the shelter have also taught me a tremendous amount, and I need to thank them all too, the ones who have survived and thrived as well as those who needed to cross the rainbow bridge. I have learned so much about perspective, being mindful and the importance of appreciating and being in the moment.

Of course I also need to thank the people who have taught me so much about working with animals, Linda Tellington-Jones, Kathy Cascade, Debby Potts, Edie-Jane Eaton, Sheryl Berger, Amelia Kinkade, and all the wonderful people I have met in the classes I have taken.

As we start a new year, I look forward every day to learning more and to sharing what I have learned in hopes of continuing to learn more of the many ways in which we can be more compassionate and understanding to the animals in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, what a beautiful blog post -- filled with light, energy and gratitude! (Of course, thanks for mentioning me!) The work you are doing on behalf of the animals is incredibly beneficial. The needy shelter animals are being so graciously helped by your love and dedication to them and they are fortunate to have you touch their lives in the way you do. Of course, you have learned many life lessons from them, as you have stated. Wishing you a life path filled with much fulfillment and serenity, as you continue your healing work in 2010!

    ReplyDelete