Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Adoptions and Success Stories at Social Tees


Pictured directly above and below are two little black and white kittens who initially arrived extremely scared and hissing at me when I first began to do TTouch on them. These are the "before" pictures, where you can see them huddling in the back of the cage and looking at me pretty skeptically! After some weeks of slow, patient TTouch (which you will see detailed in past posts), first using a feather to touch them, then working up to doing TTouch on them with my hand, they grew more and more acclimated and after a while, when they saw me, they would come right to the front of the cage, pushing to get my attention and practically coming out of the cage.

In the next two pictures you will see both of these kittens iooking more comfortable and, in the last one, right in the front of the cage.

I am so happy to say that both of these little ones got homes these week, and I am so grateful for TTouch, this work helped these very shy, frightened little beings to be more comfortable in their bodies and able to truly enjoy contact, ultimately making them more adoptable. So here's a toast to these dear little ones. They taught me so much about the importance of patience, sensitivity, and being aware of what each animal can handle in the moment. I wish them all the best in their new homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment