Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Reiki with Garbanzo at the Vet


Hi folks, my kitty Garbanzo is now 17 years old - doesn't he look terrific? He has hyperthyroidism so from time to time I need to take him to the vet to get his blood levels checked. He is on medication, also receiving natural supplements, good food, and Reiki and TTouch, of course :)

When I took him to the vet the other day, I was giving him Reiki when he was on the table, to calm him, especially as we had an extra-stressful trip there. It was pouring rain and there wasn't a cab in sight, so we had to take the bus part way and walk in the rain part of the way. I always do TTouch with Garbanzo on the vet table, but this was the first time I really had strong Reiki flowing to him during this time.

Garbanzo really was calming down as I did this, even in the midst of the examination. While the vet was taking his heartbeat, I noticed that he stayed there with the stethoscope longer than usual. When he took the stethescope away, he told me that he had waited because Garbanzo's heartbeat was slowing down as he was listening. I told him that I was doing Reiki with him, and he said it was definitely calming him down. Once the heartbeat had stabilized, it was quite close to what it generally is at home, which is a huge difference from what it usually is at the vet. This was wonderful to see, and also I thought it was great for the vet to experience this as well.

Thankfully, Garbanzo is doing well, especially considering his age and hyperthyroidism. I am so grateful for this. And grateful that I could help the vet experience to be not as stressful for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment