Sunday, October 24, 2010

Adoptions at BARC


Hi folks, there have been a lot of adoptions at BARC Shelter recently - and yesterday, 7 new cats got homes, including sweet FIV positive cat Xena, two of the new cats (Crazy Harry and Bunsen), Marcy and Bud (kittens), Billie, and Muffin (pictured above).
Muffin was a semi-feral young kitty who was in a cage with her friend Mittens when I started volunteering at BARC in August. These two were very wary of being touched when I got there. I spent a lot of time doing TTouch on them which, in addition to the love and attention they got from other staff and volunteers, helped them to really come around. Mittens was adopted a couple of weeks ago and yesterday sweet Muffin went to a lovely family who already have another cat. I had to do a few TTouches and say a special goodbye to her before she left. I also showed the young daughter of the family how to do a little TTouch :)
I wish all of these cats well in their new homes and thanks BARC for rescuing these and so many other animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment