Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August 9 At the Mayor's Alliance: Irene


Irene is a sweet, shy kitty who recently arrived at the boarding facility which houses some of the Mayor's Alliance rescue cats. I am working on these cats thru Tavi & Friends' TTouch-in-Rescue program. Irene was initially in her litter box, and stayed there most of the time while I did TTouch on her. I mostly did circular touches on her head - her forehead, which is a great area to do TTouch on shy animals, and then other places on her head, around the outside of her mouth, some ear strokes, and later on I started to work in some strokes down her body, though she was hesitant at first to be touched there. I used back surfaces of my hand and fingers, as the back surfaces are less threatening, particularly to a shy animal. I tried to keep the touches pretty slow, and often did a pause at the end, which can give them time to process the work. I gave her breaks and each time I went back to work on her a little more, she seemed more comfortable with me. As a side note, I noticed she is cross-eyed, so I wonder what her vision is like.I look forward to working on her more!


No comments:

Post a Comment