Monday, July 26, 2010

Mayor's Alliance cats, update


I went again to work on the Mayor's Alliance cats thru Tavi & Friends' TTouch-in-Rescue Program. Today when I went, many of the cats were out of their cages so it was a different feeling working with them within a big space.

The cat above is Bradford. He is kind of a trouble maker and loves to pester the other cats. He also loves as much attention as possible, and will rub himself against you as you do TTouch on his head and body.

The kitty below is Blacky. He is an absolute sweetie, and really relaxed as I did TTouch on him, he laid down on his side next to his scratching post which you see here. He stretched out his back as I did connected touches down each side of his back and then Noah's marches down his back.


Below is Lenny. He is about 5 months old and extremely active, so he was only interested in a few circular touches and strokes here and there, and then wanted to go on about his business bounding around. He does like to be held like a little baby, unlike many cats, and I could do a few TTouches on him while I held him this way before he became itchy to move again.


Zorro (pictured below, you can see his mask!) craves attention and rubbed himself against my hand as I did circular chimp touches all around his head and then circles and strokes down his body. Sometimes he can get a bit overstimulated and give very light love bites but mostly he is just enthusiatic about getting touched :)

After I did TTouch on him for a while he did get into a more relaxed mode and plopped down as you see him here.
Reed is also quite a character, you see him below. He was having a great time playing with Lenny and so I did TTouches on him in short bursts, which he really responded to, but as these cats were having the opportunity to run wild being out of their cage, the short bursts were best for him in this environment.
Many of the cats which I had worked on previously in this location had been adopted or are in foster homes, which is terrific!

No comments:

Post a Comment